We are dedicated to respecting and preserving your privacy when you visit our site, communicate electronically with us or talk to us on the phone.
For the purpose of the Data Protection Act 1998 (The Act), Dr Ravjot Kaur, the data controller can be contacted using the contact page on the website.
Information we may collect from you
We may collect and process the following data about you:
Information you provide
You may give us information about you by filling in forms on the site http://www.seeksense.co (this site) or by corresponding with us by phone, email or otherwise. This includes information you provide when you register to use this site, request or receive therapy sessions through this site. The information you give may include your name, address, email address and phone number, financial and credit card information, personal description and medical history.
Information we may collect about you
With regard to each of your visits to this site we may automatically collect the following information:
- technical information, including the Internet protocol (IP) address used to connect your computer to the Internet, your login information, browser type and version, time zone setting, browser plug-in types and versions, operating system and platform;
- information about your visit, including the full Uniform Resource Locators (URL) clickstream to, through and from my site (including date and time); pages you viewed or searches you carried out; page response times, download errors, length of visits to certain pages, page interaction information (such as scrolling, clicks, and mouse-overs), and methods used to browse away from the page and any phone number used to call us.
- medical information from online consultations, including details of your past medical history, the current state of your health, information disclosed by you which we consider relevant to your online consultation and details of information disclosed and matters discussed during any online consultations.
Information we receive from other sources
We may receive information about you from third parties we work closely with (including, without limitation, medical practitioners, business partners, sub-contractors in technical, payment and delivery services, analytics providers, search information providers) and may receive information about you from them.
Similarly, to the above, we may gather information about your general internet use by using a cookie file. Where used, these cookies are downloaded to your computer automatically. This cookie file is stored on the hard drive of your computer as cookies contain information that is transferred to your computer’s hard drive. They help us to improve the website and the service that we provide to you. Computers have the ability to decline cookies. This can be done by activating the setting on your browser which enables you to decline the cookies. Please note that should you choose to decline cookies, you may be unable to access particular parts of our website.
Uses made of the information
We may use information held about you in the following ways:
Information you give
We may use this information:
- to carry out our agreement and our obligations arising from any contracts entered into between you and us relating to psychological therapy sessions and to provide you with the information and services that you request from us;
- to provide you with information about other services we offer that are similar to those that you have already received or enquired about;
- to provide you, or permit selected third parties to provide you, with information about goods or services we feel may interest you. If you are an existing client, we will only contact you by electronic means (email or SMS) with information about services similar to those you have previously received or enquired about.;
- to notify you about changes to these services
- to ensure that content from this site is presented in the most effective manner for you and for your computer.
Information we collect about you
we may use this information:
- to administer this site and for internal operations, including troubleshooting, data analysis, testing, research, statistical and survey purposes;
- to improve this site to ensure that content is presented in the most effective manner for you and for your computer;
- to allow you to participate in interactive features of this service, when you choose to do so;
- as part of our efforts to keep this site safe and secure;
- to measure or understand the effectiveness of advertising we serve to you and others, and to deliver relevant advertising to you;
- to make suggestions and recommendations to you and other users of this site about goods or services that may interest you or them.
Information we receive from other sources
we may combine this information with information you give to us and information we collect about you. we may us this information and the combined information for the purposes set out above (depending on the types of information received).
Disclosure of your information
We may share your information with selected third parties including:
- Medical or psychotherapy practitioners for the purposes of furthering a contract between us and you for the provision of psychotherapy and counselling sessions.
- Analytics and search engine providers that assist us in the improvement and optimisation of this site.
We may disclose your personal information to third parties:
- If we are under a duty to disclose or share your personal data in order to comply with any legal obligation, or in order to enforce or apply this Website terms and conditions and other agreements; or to protect the rights, property, or safety of seeksense.co, clients, or others. This includes, without limitation, exchanging information with other companies and organisations for the purposes of fraud protection.
Where we store your personal data
All information you provide to us is stored on secure servers. Any payment transactions will be encrypted. Unfortunately, the transmission of information via the internet is not completely secure. Although we will do our best to protect your personal data, we cannot guarantee the security of your data transmitted to this site; any transmission is at your own risk. Once we have received your information, we will use strict procedures and security features to try to prevent unauthorised access.
Information you share with us will be kept for a minimum period of seven years and for children, seven years after their eighteenth birthday.
You have the right to ask us not to process your personal data. We will usually inform you (before collecting your data) if we intend to use your data for marketing purposes or if we intend to disclose your information to any third party for such purposes. You can exercise your right to prevent such processing contacting us. You also have the right to access the information stored about you; to have inaccurate information corrected and to have information deleted given it does not conflict with my legal obligations as a health professional.
We will not share any of your confidential medical information with any third parties unless we am instructed or permitted to do so by you or we am required to do so by law.
This site may, from time to time, contain links to and from other websites. If you follow a link to any of these websites, please note that these websites have their own privacy policies and that we do not accept any responsibility or liability for these policies. Please check these policies before you submit any personal data to these websites.
Access to information
The Data Protection Act 1998 gives you the right to access information that we hold about you. Your right of access can be exercised in accordance with the Act. Should you wish to receive details held about you please contact us using the contact page on the website.